August 26

Good Lookin’ Out!

Thanks for sending books. I am pleased to report that with your help I read 113 books in the first half of 2006, smashing my reading goal. We’re filling up shelves in the prison library. These books will be enjoyed by prisoners long after I’m gone.

I send thank-you letters to everyone who sends books unless the books come without receipts. I would like to thank those of you who have recently sent books inclduing Ed in bayside, Helen in Suffolk, Emily in Kirlkand, John in London and Alan in Australia.
The funniest books I’ve read in the past six months are Mark Leyners Et tu, Babe and J Robert Lennon’s Eight Pieces for the Left Hand. In the past year I’ve become a modern-fiction junkie. At the end of 2005 I was reading 30% fiction. Now I’m reading almost 60% fiction.

Thanks readers!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Just wondering if you've ever read any Angela Carter books. I think you'd like them. If you haven't, it would be my pleasure to introduce you to them.