06 Nov 08

From Xena (Letter 3)

Xena - A transsexual giant and Wiccan priest. The charismatic leader of Cult Of Xena (COX). Tattoos include a wasp on Xena’s penis and ant trails running up Xena’s legs. Recently cut off a testicle and almost bled to death.

10/3/08

My dear friend Shaun,

I need to write to you. I know it’s been a long time.

I’ve been upset with you and your literary agent. I don’t like the fact that she had you refer to us transgender people as the opposite gender of how we feel we are. I was offended. I still am after having read the blogs several times. Referring to my sisters and me as “he” and “men,” which we are not. I know that your blog readers know that prisons are not dual sexed. We do not have men and women doing time within the same walls. And yet how the blogs were written truly undermines the integrity of my identity. So yes, I am mad!

Other than that, you’re my friend and I love you anyway! I miss you. I hope that some day we can speak with one another face to face.

I love you!

Xena

XXX

Coming tomorrow: Warrior v Big E. (Part 3)

Email comments to writeinside@hotmail.com or post them below

Shaun P. Attwood

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm very happy to have a letter from Xena - I was worried about her after the whole testicle-slicing, near-death bleeding incident. Hope she can write more in the next letter!

Suzanne said...

I'm very happy to have a letter from Xena - I was worried about her after the whole testicle-slicing, near-death bleeding incident. Hope she can write more in the next letter!

Trying again - the 1st 2 comments didn't go through.

Chris H said...

Big Dawg!

Looks like you've pissed off the legend that is Xena... Glad she's back and that she's ok!

Did your agent make you write "he" and "him" or was it just suggested?

Hugs and kisses

Chris H

Jon said...

Chris H,

It was my literary agent, now deceased, who changed all of the references to Xena (except for within dialogue) to masculine.

Suzanne,

You asked about the economy and the stock market.
I advised my aunt and some blog readers to sell their stocks early this year. I also recommended they sell short. I will remain bearish until the major indexes move above their 150 day moving averages. How much lower it can go is anybody's guess.

Shaun Attwood

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Xena is alive and well!
I hope you (and we) hear more from HER soon. ;-)

-D