07 Jun 09

Postcards from Long Island (5)

Long Island - Promising young cellmate I taught to trade the financial markets. Released on the 11th of December '05 and rearrested February ’08. Alleged to have committed forgery and hit an officer with a car. He is writing from Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s Lower Buckeye jail.


What’s up bro,

I’ve moved. The ACLU came into Towers jail and forced the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office to stop housing inmates 3 to a cell. So they moved us all to Lower Buckeye jail. Towers is under construction.

We’ve been locked down all weekend due to protesters in the parking lot. The feds are all over Sheriff Joe Arpaio regarding his illegal alien sweeps. His sheriffs are going Gestapo style into neighbourhoods and arresting anyone with brown skin.

You asked me to report the violence. How about someone getting killed and thrown off the top tier in 4th Avenue jail? His name is Robert Cotton. The Arizona Republic covered the whole story about the guard that let it happen. [Click here to see the video of an Aryan Brother slaying Robert Cotton.]

I’m in a real scary legal situation here. I think I’ll probably get a plea in the next couple of months. I don’t think I’m going to like it though. My lawyer is good and I trust him 100%, which makes things a lot easier.

Have you been paying attention to all of the attention that Arpaio and our county attorney have been getting lately? That’s where your story is, bro. The Department of Justice is here right now going through Arpaio’s office. People are tired of those two S.O.B.’s. The Arizona Republic is following the stories closely.

I worry about Two Tonys too. I’d like his DOC number if you could send it to me, so I can write to him.

Here’s to your success in London, my friend!

Take care,

Long Island


Click here for Long Island’s previous postcard.

Our friends inside appreciate your comments.Email comments for Long Island to writeinside@hotmail.com or post them below. To post a comment if you do not have a Google/Blogger account, just select anonymous for your identity.

Shaun P. Attwood

3 comments:

leigh said...

hey Long Island!

congrats on the ACLU getting the triple bunking situation addressed! we've got that as the new norm in GA prisons. send them
our way if they ever finish trying to straighten things out in maricopa!

as someone known to protest i'd like to know what your feelings are about the protesters outside? do you think that having them outside makes life inside more difficult while they are out there? would you rather they do something else because of how it immediately effects you?

good luck with the plea!

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Tim Hampton (author/motivational speaker)

Anonymous said...

if the old farts in sun city would quit electing him he'd already be gone the bastard needs to get out of phoenix az....