Medical Issues (Part 15 by Lifer Renee)

Renee – Only a teenager, she received a 60-year sentence. Seventeen years later, Renee is writing from Perryville prison in Goodyear, Arizona, providing a rare and unique insight into a women's prison.

It is Monday morning, my last day off from a four-day weekend. I really needed the rest as I caught the flu virus. Whatever it is has stuck with me for three weeks. I put in a request to see the doctor, but of course I was scheduled for nurses line. The nurse said, "Because you aren't running a fever now, we can't give you antibiotics." All I could do was laugh. My throat is so sore, my voice is hoarse and barely audible. I spent $4 to be told to drink plenty of fluids.

When they passed out our daily passes, I got an appointment for providers line. So I get to see the doctor tomorrow about my back. All I want is an extra mattress, so I can rest, and not feel as though I'm pulling my spine off metal. We will see how it goes. you would think with my problems I would qualify. 

Click here for Medical Issues (Part 14)

Shaun Attwood 

No comments: