Professor David Nutt

At Salon London last night, I introduced Professor David Nutt.. Here's a picture of him with Party Time after I taught him the prison handshake:

Professor Nutt pointed out that alcohol is the biggest killer now out of all drugs. More than half a unit of alcohol damages the liver and heart. He pointed out that alcohol is the biggest killer of men under 50, it kills three young people every week in the UK, it is a factor in half of violent crime, it is the main drug involved in date rape and that alcohol poisoning killed Amy Winehouse not drugs as is commonly believed. None of this is widely publicised because the government, alcohol lobbyists and the media are in cahoots. I learned a lot from his fascinating talk and even more from his book, Drugs Without the Hot Air.

Shaun Attwood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg I can't believe you told him I said that. Lol. You're crazy

Lisa